Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We're Safe

We woke this morning to the newscast of the terrorist actions in Mumbai. Tragic news and it is still in process as I type. We just wanted everyone to know that we flew through Mumbai 2 days ago and are safe here in Fort Cochin, Kerala.

Mumbai, Dubai and Shanghai are the major corporate hubs of the world at present and the Oberoi Hotel in Mumbai houses many corporate headquarters besides being a 5 star Hotel. It was a highly organized attack but no clear news yet as to who did it or what they were targeting.

4 comments:

  1. Patti & Janet,
    So glad to hear from you and that you are safe.
    Thank you for your email. We are sending all good wishes for Safe Travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked the blog this morning to see if you are in a safe place. Today is Thanksgiving Day here, and I am so thankful to know that you guys are safe, and for living in this peaceful place. I love reading the blog. Thanks! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti & Janet
    Thank you so much for letting us know that you are safe. I was so worried about you. Patti, I think of you all the time and have missed you in painting class. Carmen's classes are done until the first of the year. I forgot when you are coming home? Let me know if you want me to sign you up. I will be in touch later. Family is here for Thanksgiving. Giving thanks that you are safe.
    EAT TOFU!!!!
    Love
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don got me started on this blog thing... i followed him on his trip and NOW im addicted to your travels !!! ur pics are awesome Thank you !! widhing u continued safety !!

    ReplyDelete